John Parker turned two last Thursday. My baby is now officially a toddler. I know, I know, technically little ones become toddlers once they start walking, but I love calling John Parker my baby. I'm blessed in that I had a few extra months of having a baby since JP was so late to walk. He's still quite the little cuddler which I love. It doesn't happen everyday, but most mornings or after naps I can steal a few minutes with him just cuddling and reading in his chair.
We've officially lost his bumpers, put away all of his nursery decor and have changed his room to a train theme. We're debating as to when we'll put on the toddler rails. I'm just not sure he's ready or maybe it's me that's not ready.
I do love the little guy that he's becoming. He loves to drink from a big boy cup and insists that he feed himself. I love that he's becoming more bold-like climbing his playhouse and putting his foot up on his crib. He makes the cutest noise when he plays with his cars and trucks. He is really into the game "Go and Stop". It's our favorite road game when we stop at a light. He and Duke are best buds. He loves to pet him, chase him around the house, and pester him while he eats his foods. I love that he loves to do what I do. He'll gladly help me load the dishwasher or washing machine. He likes to mow the yard and sweep the porch. (Don't be mislead, I rarely ever do these things:)) Two is going to be a good year. I'm sure it will have it's challenges. Tantrums will become more frequent and his independence will likely try my patience. I'm looking forward to this new chapter of toddler hood. Bring it on...
No comments:
Post a Comment