For John Parker's 2nd birthday, we decided to have a Train Party. I love party planning; my skills have definitely gotten rusty since leaving the corporate world. It's so much more fun to plan parties for little kids. They're so grateful and much more easygoing! :) John Parker genuinely enjoyed his party this year. I was amazed of the difference a year can make. I did go a little over the top last year for his 1st birthday, so I simplified it this year. We kept the party really small and talked it up in the days leading up to his party. I read "Bob the Builder's Birthday" and "Baby Bop's birthday" so many times I am fine never seeing those books again! :) He loved the balloons that we placed around the house. And yes, he has a new found love of cupcakes. He has quite the sweet tooth, just like his momma! For days after his party, he would lead me to the pantry and point to the cupcakes begging for just one more. It was so cute. Thank goodness the cupcakes are finally all gone! My favorite memory from his party was of him picking his nose as everyone sang "Happy Birthday". I mean, really? Ahhh, one for the books! I'll just warn you there are a lot of pictures on this post...
Yummy!

He wanted a cupcake more than his train cake--oh well! :)

The Spread

His new favorite thing--Cupcakes

You can never have enough balloons...

So thankful for Pops

This is what happens when you take the family picture after the party..

Lovin' all the trucks I got

Claire looking sleepy eyed with Duncle

Jen and Cody

James and Jaillene

Meghan and Noah

Harper Ann having a ball with the bow
No comments:
Post a Comment