Check out my dark hair
Excuse Me!
My how I love my little Claire! She really has started to come alive. I'll be the first to admit I'm really not a huge fan of the newborn phase. I adore the newness of little babes, but I'm much more in love with a little baby who can smile and coo. It really helps me feel connected with my little ones.
Weeks 5-9 were pretty rough. It seemed like sleep was hard to come by during the day. Claire loved to be held when sleeping. She would cry the moment I put her down in the crib. This was a bit hard with a adventurous and needy toddler. The baby Bjorn became my best friend. Week 10 was our turning point. Claire cooed for the first time which melted my heart and still does. I seriously could spend hours listening to her coo. She gets quite talkative at night right before she goes to bed. She also loves to talk and interact most when I'm changing her. She also started sleeping longer at night--9-10 hour stretches! Woohoo! I feel like a new woman. She likes to keep me on my toes though because each night she varies her wake-up time. We're not out of the woods just yet, but I do see the light at the end!
We had a great 2 month visit. She continues to top the charts with her height (24 1/2 inches) and weight (12 lb, 4 oz).
Things that I've loved this month--
*How much she loves to look at her brother--she'll follow him around the room when she's laying on her playmat
*How she and her daddy have connected this month--he's figured out how to soothe her and to make her smile. I love watching them cuddle.
*How laid back she is; she will gladly take a break from eating or playing if I need to take care of her brother or make dinner. She's surprised me with her flexibility. Judging from her first 9 weeks I thought she might be high maintenance! I'm hoping I was wrong.:)
She is such a beauty!! I'm glad she's doing well - love reading these updates on your sweet little family. Yeah for long stretches of sleep at night! Keep up the good work, momma.
ReplyDelete