In a loving headlock
Our little engineer showing Claire the mechanics
Letting Claire hold him
Strolls together
JP loves to kiss and swing Claire around in her jumper
I've really enjoyed watching my children grow in their love for one another over the last couple of months. For John Parker, it was a slower process. He was used to being the center of our world. It took him a couple of months to warm up to the idea of having a sister-three to be exact. Once she started cooing and tooting, he thought she was pretty cool. Yes, I did say tooting! He is a boy after all! Now that she is sitting and playing with toys, she has become the ultimate play pal.
I spent the first couple of months after Claire's birth feeling guilty for not letting John Parker be my baby for longer. Somehow, I felt like I had short-changed him during my pregnancy, our move, and now with a new baby. I was so wrong. Having another child has been a tremendous gift not only for John and me, but for John Parker. He has a friend and buddy to play with his trucks, to laugh with at the dinner table, to read with at bedtime, and to share in bath time fun. I have loved watching as his love grows for Claire. In the last month, he transitioned from calling her baby to Claire (Cware). It is the sweetest thing to hear him call for her when he wakes up in the morning. He loves to hold her and have her hold him. I am so grateful to have two little ones that are close in age. I now am beginning to see the the true joy of not only having a sibling, but a friend.
so true! i can't imagine not having siblings! :) they are both precious...
ReplyDelete