Sunday, January 23, 2011

Thoughts on the "Big Change"

I can't believe that in a little over a month we will be welcoming a little girl into our home. I've really started to think about her arrival in the last couple of weeks. I've been preoccupied with taking care of our little guy and moving our household that I've not spent great amounts of time thinking about our new normal. Sure, I am reminded of how precious her life is each time she kicks or jabs me in the side, but I really haven't thought about how much our lives are going to change until recently.

I find myself excited and nervous all at the same time. Will I be able to fully invest in my two little ones? How will I be able to love two little ones as much as I love John Parker? Will I have the strength to handle the demands of each day? John Parker is at a great age right now. He's such a little ham and loves to play. I'm finally in a groove and a routine with John Parker--Gymboree, Library hour, Friday play dates, and Mother's Morning Out. How is this going to change? How will he respond to his new sister? So many questions flood my head tonight. I know that the Lord has a plan and a purpose. He will be there with me every step of the way. I have to keep resting in that fact. Thanks for letting me share my thoughts. If you have any insight or advice, I'd love to hear it.

1 comment:

  1. Some how, some way, your heart just expands to encompass the new little one, you'll wonder how you ever thought it possible not to have two, instead of just one baby. John Parker will do great and he'll adjust to being big brother! In my opinion, a sibling is the best gift you ever give your child. I'm biased, of course! :)

    You're going to be a wonderful mama to two, Lindsey. Congrats! It just gets better and better. I promise.

    ReplyDelete