Monday, September 8, 2014

Something about Summer

There is just something about summer that is altogether wonderful.  I think it's the lazy mornings, the escape from the routine, or the adventures of trying new things on our bucket list.  It feels great to be foot loose and fancy free.  I'm less of a structured gal these days.  I thrive in the moment.  I find that I'm a better mom and wife when I'm not running my family from here to there and barking orders.  I like myself more when I create space to sit and to listen or to be able to serve someone that is in need.

As I get older, I'm learning that less is more.  In a society where busyness is esteemed and crowded schedules signify importance, I chose to limit our time and to chose wisely when and how I invest my time.  For now, I'm helping my kids chose what is important but soon enough they too will be making those important choices.  I know that the beauty of life is often seen in the simple moments of cuddling while reading a book, watching my kids play in the sprinkler, or letting our morning activity be a trip to the donut shop.  Life is good when we simplify.







No comments:

Post a Comment