Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Summer Bucket List

I love the summer. I enjoy the slowness of our schedule. On our "home" days, you'll often find us in our PJ's at eleven. We're watching our morning shows, I'm sipping my coffee and quieting myself before the Lord, and we're crafting at the kitchen table. On our "go" days we're visiting the zoo, playing at a splash pad with friends, or spending the day with Grandma and Grandpa.

This year we've been exploring new places and working at completing our summer bucket list. This summer has been especially wonderful. John Parker and Claire are at the ages where they are equally content to be at home or to be out exploring. It depends on the day. The only set thing we've participated in this summer is a Creative Arts Camp for John Parker. We've never been more spontaneous in our lives. We're learning to live in the moment as much as we can, to let the Lord lead and guide our days and our interactions with others. I love that my kids are learning to "roll with it" at such a young age. It's a skill that I still struggle to do well in my thirties. Here are a few snapshots of our summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment