Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Living Outside

I have found that our family thrives when we are outdoors.  The explorer/adventurer in each of us emerges.  It's refreshing to find something that we all enjoy, and even more rewarding that the hobby is one that John and I enjoyed long before the kids were born.  I find that I'm most at peace and am reminded of who God is when I watch the sun rise or sit and watch the leaves blow in the trees. There is a peace that comes from being surrounded by his creation, not tethered to my phone or iPad.

In September, we headed to Callaway Gardens with our dear friends, the Branscombs.  Our men were fraternity brothers at Auburn and we've been doing life together for the last five years.  The kids experienced many firsts on the trip--their first Hot Air Balloon Festival, their first putt-putt game, and their first Cabin Party with friends . We played hard while we were there--naps were optional, but fun was a necessity.  It's good to try new things, to be reminded of the beauty of nature, to do life with friends.











No comments:

Post a Comment