Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Serenbe-Our Getaway



John and I were able to get away for a baby moon a few weekends ago. It was just what we needed. It's was refreshing to be able to pull away from the fast pace of life and just be. I was reminded of how much I much I love my hubby. Sometimes it's easy for me to get hyper-focused on being a mom that I lose the joy of being a wife first. I think weekend getaways like this help to put in all in perspective.

Serenbe is this quaint community in South Atlanta that started back in the early 1990's. We'd heard so many great things about it from friends that we thought we'd check it out for ourselves. The owner coined the name based on her desire to have visitors experience "Serenity" and just "Being". We felt like we were visiting Seaside on the Farm. Adorable homes and eclectic restaurants and shops line the streets. If you are looking for a great little getaway while in Atlanta, you definitely need to check it out.







1 comment:

  1. So happy you got away! That is so important! Cant' wait to hear your exciting news. :)

    ReplyDelete