Monday, February 7, 2011

Pregnancy Ponderings

Tonight, I wanted to take a few minutes to reflect on how this pregnancy has been different from the last. I love that this blog allows me to document and remember--something that I will treasure for years to come.

I've craved such different things--bean burritos from Taco Bell, Jamocha Shakes from Arby's, french fries from Chick-fil-A, and pineapple just like last time. Thankfully, these cravings have subsided as the pregnancy has progressed. I have definitely put on weight much faster this time. I really started to show around 14 weeks. At my 36 week visit, I had passed my total weight gain from last pregnancy. I'd like to think that that's normal. I had a nice bought of acne early on and some wonderful morning sickness from about 6-10 weeks which made for very long days.

Caring for John Parker has definitely caused this pregnancy to fly by; I really haven't had much time to think about how I was feeling. I have been preoccupied with keeping him entertained. I have been far less vigilant about my diet as you might have noticed from my cravings. I allow myself to have a coke or two each week. I haven't worried about my feta or turkey intake like I did last time. I can honestly say, I have really enjoyed this pregnancy. It's been nice not to worry and to just enjoy the little life that is growing within me.

I am so grateful that I didn't have Gestational Diabetes this time. I was convinced that if you had it once; you would have it again. It has been such a relief not to have to take my blood four times a day and track my meals for the last couple of weeks. The Lord has been so good to me.

Honestly, the only real negatives that I can think of have been sleeplessness and lower back pain. I look at the current sleep deprivation as preparation for the months ahead. Sleep is always a luxury those first couple of weeks. I imagine once I drop some of this access weight and really start to exercise again I'll hopefully lose the lower back pain.

Thanks for letting me share my reflections with you. I can't wait to post pictures of our precious little girl in a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the same thing that time flew by because Sinclair kept me so busy. I totally slacked on my diet, too. And things just continue... I have had small amounts of caffeine daily since Rory was 2 months old which I completely laid off with sinclair until she was 7 months and I had stopped nursing. I just had to have it since I could no longer nap when the baby napped.

    ReplyDelete