One Saturday, we decided to pack up the family and drive from the burbs to the Atlanta Zoo. It was such a treat! I have been talking about taking John Parker to the zoo for what seems like a year now. It was an enchanting little zoo; the lush greenery made us feel like we were tracking through a rain forest. I guess since John and I haven't traveled internationally in 2 years, I am starting to get desperate for a change of scenery! :)
John Parker wasn't as into the animals as I had thought. He enjoyed looking at them, but he much preferred the barn animals. I love my little down home kid. He had a ball in the petting zoo. I was surprised at how comfortable he was petting and brushing the goats and sheep. He was more miffed by the loud kids than his four legged friends. By far, his favorite part of the day was our train ride. He's really into trains right now. I loved watching his excitement as we took the short ride around the zoo.
He also went on his first carousel ride. He was nervous while it went around, but didn't want to get off once it ended. It was so cute. Claire proved to be a perfect little observer. She was so chill, just enjoying a nice breezy stroll around the park. I was so surprised because she usually likes to be on the move, but for today she was perfectly content just taking it all in.
Looked like a perfect day for the zoo! Such a great place for a family outing.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Glad y'all had a fun trip!
ReplyDelete