I've been thinking about this post for awhile. I stumbled upon a very moving blog one night that chronicled a family's loss of their 11 month old daughter to cancer. They handled it with such amazing grace and resolve to trust God.
I found myself overwhelmed with tears as I read their story and imagined how I might handle that situation. Would I feel cheated and angry towards God? Would I trust God? Would I be able to pull myself off the ground? Would I question God's goodness? Would I wonder why He had robbed me of the joy of watching my child grow older?
Yes, in that moment, I realized I am holding my children too tightly. In my desire to love them fully, I am not recognizing that they are God's gift to me. They are not mine; they are His. That is one of the most profound truths, but also one of the hardest to swallow. I need to loosen my grip and daily commit their ways and days to the Lord.
Sp true! We learned that the hard way!
ReplyDelete