Friday, September 16, 2011

Getting Messy











I have been looking forward to finger painting with John Parker for awhile now. I figured bare skin and a diaper was the best way to try it. It was messy, but we had so much fun. I loved watching him create his own little masterpiece. He wanted to sit on it and wave his creation in the air. He also did a great job of creating body art for himself.

Don't you love it, when you are ok with life getting messy? Reminded that everyday life doesn't always have to be all buttoned up and perfect. Some days are just messy--the laundry has piled up, the sink is overflowing with dishes, and you haven't showered in 2 days. However, you have given your children extra doses of quality time, you've actually rested during their naps, and you've caught up with a friend. Yeah for messy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment