Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Saying Good-bye

Life has been busy. I am one that generally thrives on busyness, but I find myself exhausted as I write this post. I never imagined that our home would sell so quickly in a down market. It was ideal in every sense of the word. We listed our home on September 15th and had a contract 3 weeks later for our list price. The only problem is that we don't have a home to move to. Thankfully, John's parents are graciously letting us move in with them until we find a place to hang our hats.

I underestimated how tired I would be listing a home, keeping it clean, scheduling movers, and packing on top of raising a very active little boy and being pregnant. I don't necessarily feel like I'm doing anything well nowadays. I'm looking forward to the days when life takes on some sense of normalcy again. With only 4 months until our little girl arrives, hopefully the dust can settle before she makes her entry.

This move is bittersweet in that 4388 Paces Point has been our home for 5 years. It's where John and I had our beginnings and where we enjoyed our days as DINKS (Dual Income No Kids). It's where we spoiled our new little puppy, Duke. It's where we've done life with our small group and where we've had parties and watched football games. It's where we've had our John Parker and where we've watched him crawl for the first time. These walls are full of so many memories. It will be sad to leave, but we feel blessed to have called it home.

2 comments:

  1. It must be so awesome to have John's family close and you can crash with them until you find your next house. Wish you luck on your house-hunting where you can create more cherished memories together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely feel your pain! That was so much like us (and still is)!!

    ReplyDelete