Thursday, August 19, 2010

Our Florida Getaway

Last week, we headed down to Sarasota to spend some time with the Garrisons and Ritsemas. I was quite apprehensive about the trip since we'd never taken JP on such a long road trip (8+ hours). He did incredibly well; I was shocked. He hasn't been the biggest fan of his rear facing seat lately. We turned him around so that he was forward facing for the 1st time. He loved being a big boy and being able to see all the action. I think he takes after his mom in that he loves to stare out the window on long road trips. We had so much fun singing songs about rain as we passed through many Florida showers:)

We really enjoyed our time with the Garrisons and Ritsemas. We were able to head to Siesta Beach for an afternoon and visit the Mote Aquarium near St. Arman's Circle. I was flooded with memories of college spring break trips in that very same area. I love how life can come full circle. John Parker loves his cousins; he couldn't get enough of Stephen. His face would light up whenever he entered the room. He only wished he was old enough to challenge him in Wii soccer. I welcomed the many hands that were there to love on JP while I took an afternoon snooze or just had some quiet space. We feel very grateful to have had the opportunity to head to the beach with both families this summer.







Exploring the fish at Mote Aquarium







My buddy Stephen



Playing on the Beach







Enjoying an afternoon treat on Long Boat Key





"Yeah, I'm a big boy now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment