Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Memorable Trip

Wearing Pop's Aviator Glasses :)



What Grandma likes best--an afternoon nap!



Coffee Time with Grandma



Don't push Grandma's Emergency Button, Son....



Two weeks ago, my dad, John Parker, and I went out West to visit my Grandma Mae. We wanted John Parker to meet his only living Great Grandparent. My Grandma is 93 now and sharp as she's every been. She was overjoyed to meet one of her great grandsons. I wish I could have captured the moment they first met. We had been traveling all day and it was well beyond his bedtime. However, he surprised me with an extra dose of sweetness that night. He smiled at his Great Grandma Mae and even reached for her face. Her eyes welled up with tears. It was one of my favorite memories to date. It's moments like these that made our Colorado trip so special. JP was definitely the bright spot in my Grandma's retirement home. He got lots of pinches and squeezes from the residents there.

It was nice to getaway for a few days to breathe in some fresh mountain air, to be blown away by the beauty of God's creation, and to enjoy some quality time with my dad. I'll not quickly forget our morning coffee time with my dad, Grandma, and JP. Not to mention, some neat times with my aunt, cousin, and dear Taylor friend, Jen.

Hanging out with my college friend, Jen, and her son, Jonah.



1st time playing with sand



Looking daper for Sunday brunch



I love wheelchairs...especially the big wheels!


Tickling his neck

1 comment: