For those of you that know me, you know that I love to run. My running had fallen to the wayside once I got pregnant. Walking has been my only form of exercise in the last year, so you can imagine my joy to start running again. On Saturday morning, I laced up my shoes and ran the Pancreatic Cancer Reseach 5K Race.
Let's be honest; it was no cake walk. I am very out of shape, but it felt great to get out there and run for a good cause. I had the best cheering squad in town. My sweet husband and little man braved the cold November morning and managed to meet me at every mile. I've learned that even though your time is not your own as a mom. It's important to take time to do things that you enjoy, so that you can be the best that you can be. So, I'm breaking out my running shoes again, and it feels great.
Lindsey that is awesome! I can't wait to start running races with you soon : )
ReplyDeleteThat is great, Lindsey! An inspiration to get going again...
ReplyDeleteThanks, Laura and Tara. If you all want to run a race, I'd love to have company.
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome Lindsey! Inspiration to take some tiem for myself as well. Andreja
ReplyDelete