
We are excited to introduce you to our sweet little girl, Claire Mae Ritsema. She was born on Tuesday, March 8th at 4:13 pm. She weighed a whooping 9 lb, 11 oz and measured 21 3/4 inches long. I am still in disbelief that I was able to push a baby of that size out of me. Had I known how big she would be, I don't think I could have mentally done it! :) My doctor said she had just gained bragging rights in the practice for delivering such a big baby.
I apologize for posting this so late, but life with a 21 month old and newborn is quite eventful. Our big girl is eating every 2 hours, so in my downtime I'm been play with my little guy or nap. My sweet husband has been home on paternity leave the last 2 weeks, which has made a world of difference. He has been super dad and taken John Parker to Gymboree, Storytime at the Library, and spent many a day playing outside with our little guy. I am also so grateful to my mother-in-law and father-in-law for showering John Parker with love and affection and taking care of our basic needs like grocery shopping, sleeping, and keeping up with the laundry over the last couple of weeks.
I'll share her birth story in a later post, but for now here are a few pictures from the hospital.
So happy for you! You are ALL beautiful! What a gorgeous family. :) Praying for your adjustment! Hope it's going well!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous mama, beautiful baby, so proud of you and all that you accomplished with her birth! (*referring to the 9 lb part) Oh my. Seriously, you deserve an award or something nice. I'm so jealous that you have your baby in your arms - I can't wait to join you soon. She is so perfect and I just know you will find your rhythm with 2 little ones quickly. Transition is always overwhelming and hard at first, but one day you'll find that you feel like "I've got this!" and I'm praying it comes soon for you. Blessings, Lindsey! Oh, and I love the name you chose. :)
ReplyDelete