Monday, September 27, 2010

I'm Going to be a Big Brother

Yes, it's official...John Parker is going to be a "Big Brother" in March. He's not quite sure what to make of it at this point. Pointing at my belly and talking about his little brother or sister is quite strange to him, I'm sure it will really register once our little baby arrives. We feel blessed beyond measure to welcome another little Ritsema into the fold, Lord willing. It's been a priviledge to have our little one for nearly 16 months now. We know that our joy and love will double with the next one.

They will be 21 months apart. For many that seems a bit crazy, but we are pretty excited that they'll be close in age. We know it's going to be hard those first few years as we navigate the baby and toddler years. However, we have heard that it's great as they get older because they have a lot in common and can be best buds. I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow and my belly has really started to pop. This time much earlier that the last. Ahh, the joys of an already stretched out stomach. I'd love any advice on how to prepare John Parker as well as any tips on raising 2 under 2! :) We are so thankful that God has given us this opportunity to expand our family.

These pictures were taken in late July when we shared our good news with our families! I was just 8 weeks at the time. :)





6 comments:

  1. Hooray!!!!! So thrilled for you! 21 months seems dreamy :)...I fully support having them close! Couldn't be happier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! You can do it. :). He will love having a sibling close in age. Hope you are feeling well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! That is wonderful :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! i love seeing the pictures of john parker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! Many, mnay Congrats!!!! 21 months seems huge to me, too! ;) Seriously, though, it's awesome to have children close in age. I wouldn't change it for anything. I feel like I've given our babies the best gift in the world -- each other! I'm so happy for you!

    (side note: what's your email address? i want to add you to our blog. you can send me a message at familyoliverblog@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations you guys! It's going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete