A Walk Down Memory Lane
I promise I didn't ask John to wear the same color shirt as the party theme! :) (He got the idea from Mitch and Jaillene! :))
Uncle D, Auntie, Pops, Lolly, Uncle AJ, Grandma, and Grandpa
I absolutely love birthdays! If it were up to me, we would all have birth months rather than birthdays! :) It's hard to believe that a year ago we met our little boy for the first time. I remember his smell, his sweet squinty eyes, and his tiny little fingers and toes. This has been a tremendous year; one that we wouldn't change for the world.
On June 6th, we invited some close family and friends over for JP's birthday party. We decided to "Go Bananas" with a monkey themed party for our little guy. We served up banana splits and went a little overboard with monkey decorations. John Parker was in his element on the floor with the other little children. The highlight of the afternoon was opening and playing with his new toys. The only scary moment for him was looking out at the sea of singing faces as we sang "Happy Birthday". Our little boy doesn't like to be the center of attention that's for sure. It was a day I won't quickly forget--filled with rich memories and special people. Thanks to everyone who made it wonderful!
The Party Fare
Go Bananas
A Special Visit from the Man with the Yellow Hat
Happy Birthday, JP!
Cake Time
Tool Time with our buddy Noah
James showing John Parker how to really ride
Little Mama Emma caring for JP
Riding with our buddy Wade
Lolly, The Branscombs, the Clarks, and Grandma and Grandpa
Happy birthday, John Parker! I love the monkey theme--we did that with Maguire's birthday, too, but not nearly as cute as yours was!! JP is a doll--congrats on getting through the first year :)
ReplyDeleteJP is so adorable! Love the look in that first picture. I'm with you that we should celebrate birth months! I can't believe he's already one. That first year flies by!!
ReplyDeleteThose eyes! That cake plate! So much cuteness... Happy birthday to your sweet little guy! I love checking in on your blog. It looks like you really went all out for his birthday and had a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see him grow this year! Man time flies : )
ReplyDelete