I was amazed at how adaptable and flexible John Parker is; he did so well being away from home and adjusted to lots of new environments. In the days that we were there, we visited my mom, dad, and sister's workplaces, searched for homes for Abby, met Gina and her kids for an afternoon, and enjoyed coffee with some of the Briarwood moms. I wouldn't doubt if our little guy met 30 new people while we were in Birmingham. He was quick to give out smiles.
As I reflect on our trip, I was reminded of how important it is for all of us to change our environment every once in awhile. It gives us a different vantage point and perspective while at the same time causing us to appreciate home even more.
He is so precious! And getting big! :) What a cutie.
ReplyDeleteHow true! I am glad you took some time to go to Birmingham and enjoy the family. I couldn't agree more - we look so forward to some time away from home, but once gone for a couple of days, how wonderful home is!
ReplyDelete